Monday, March 8, 2010

Alice In Wonderland

I saw Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland in 3D this past Saturday and I must say that I enjoyed it quite a bit! It was so visually pleasing and terribly fun to watch. I love the way Tim Burton made this movie. I know, it's gotten some negative reviews...and I can see why. A lot of people are expecting the original story.
I really did like this film but must admit that some of the characters weren't as fantastical as I thought they would be. The Mad Hatter (Johnny Depp) for example, I thought he was going to be a little crazier....but I must admit that Mr. Depp did a WONDERFUL job as always. He did the character so well. As well as the Red Queen (Helena Bonham Carter), she was super fun. I absolutely loved her in this film.
I really loved the way Burton set this film up, the storyline, the characters, the setting...who doesn't adore the setting? You can definitely tell who this film was directed by :PMia Wasikowska also did a pretty good job as Alice, I quite liked her :)
And finally...the attire. I AM IN LOVE WITH THE ATTIRE OF THIS FILM. So beautiful and wonderfully done, especially when she shrinks and grows. And the Mad Hatter's too. Maybe I just love Victorian clothing.

So, I do own both the original Alice In Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass...and probably should have read it before I saw the film but I didn't have a chance to. Hopefully I'll get around to that after I finish reading all the Sherlock Holmes short stories.

I apologize that this isn't a well done review.

Love,
-Wallflower.

1 comment: